Over the course of its hundred-year history, Hansgrohe AG, headquartered in Schiltach in the Black Forest, has developed into one of the innovation leaders in technology and design in the sanitation sector. The company produces its Axor, Hansgrohe, Pharo and Pontos brands in nine production facilities on three continents and is represented by sales companies all over the world. Together with Hansgrohe AG, MALORG Consulting developed measures to optimize logistics processes at the Schiltach West site.
Optimization of the logistics processes of hansgrohe AG
31. May 2022, Reading time: 2 min 12 second
- Goal: Creation of a catalog of measures to define activities to be carried out in the future.
- Work steps:
- Investigation of the entire material flow and analysis of the performance utilization of the elevators required for floor changes.
- Analysis of the warehouse structure and review of the use of appropriate storage location and storage space allocation strategies
- Analysis of the activity profile of the feeders employed in the plant
- Creation of a catalog of measures weighted with implementation effort and potential for improvement
Structuring of the catalog of measures into two sub-complexes
- Quick wins: low implementation effort with immediate benefits
- Measures to be implemented in the medium term, e.g.
- Introduction of capacity-oriented sequence planning to reduce material inventories in assembly
- Centralization of pre-picking and use of material supply trolleys for assembly that meet requirements
- Conversion of the wide-aisle pallet rack warehouse into a narrow-aisle warehouse for additional storage capacities
- Definition and use of appropriate storage location allocation strategies to avoid random and improperly stored items.