Within the sanitary industry, the name Hansgrohe stands for innovation leadership in technology and design worldwide. By consistently implementing a catalog of measures developed by MALORG Consulting, Hansgrohe AG has significantly reduced its stock of cardboard boxes. At the same time, the company has succeeded in increasing the security of supply at the assembly workplaces and considerably reducing the workload in the transport area.
Warehouse planning and realization for hansgrohe AG
31. May 2022, Reading time: 2 min 21 second
- Structures that have been growing for years lead to problems: long distances with floor changes, a high transport volume, increasing capacity bottlenecks in all storage areas and an insufficient flow of information
- Task: Overall concept to ensure long-term supply security for the assembly department
- Data analysis to record the volume and quantity flows from goods receipt to supply at the assembly lines
- Recording and evaluation of processes from the time of delivery of cardboard boxes to staging
- Recording and evaluation of delivery times in the goods receiving area
- Creation of a catalog of measures for documenting and prioritizing optimization potential in the flow of materials and information
Catalog of measures with quick success
- Direct triggering of order processes by employees on the assembly lines,
- Extension of the Kanban system to control the supply of articles with high access frequency, which are only to be kept in the buffer store near the assembly lines
- Storage of “non-Kanban” cartons only in the carton warehouse with demand-based direct provision at the point of consumption
- Ordering from the carton warehouse by the assembly staff with piece-by-piece accuracy, consolidation of transports from the carton warehouse by using a suitable loading aid
- Creation of supplier time windows and optimization of delivery times for more effective use of goods receiving areas.