For the logistics processes for the supply and disposal of the new assembly plant of the PORSCHE Cayenne in Leipzig, which are carried out by a logistics service provider, the logistics consultants of MALORG Consulting planned the material flow as well as the material control. The planning included the warehousing of order-related assembly parts in a warehouse at the production site as well as the just-in-time supply and disposal of the assembly lines.
Outsourcing implementation- planning of line provisioning and sequencing warehouses.
31. May 2022, Reading time: 2 min 11 second
Timely, sequenced delivery
- Highest priority: maintaining assembly through timely, in-sequence staging.
- Sequence-compliant just-in-time delivery
- High flexibility regarding the assembly sequence
- Short reaction time in case of sequence changes
- Minimum number of parts on the assembly lines due to low space availability
- Use of state-of-the-art technologies for provisioning.
- Analysis of performance and volume data from stock receipt to staging
- Planning of the process chain from material planning to transport and just-in-time provision at the assembly line
Automated driverless transport systems
- Selection of the technology components to be used for internal transport on the basis of the analysis
- automated guided vehicle systems
- provision of the JIT racks with AGV tractors or AGV lift trucks, depending on distance and quantity
- warehouse dimensioning and planning of warehouse plants and processes
- determination of personnel requirements, investment and operating costs
Overarching operator concept
- Further project: planning and implementation of line supply at the VW Commercial Vehicles plant in Hanover, Germany
- Special feature: direct delivery to production via supply bridge
- forklift operated block storage area for GLTS, miniload as central component