OPEL AG produces the Corsa and Astra vehicles at its Eisenach site. Around 2,000 employees work here according to the principle of lean production under state-of-the-art conditions. The annual production capacity amounts to approximately 170,000 vehicles. The central project task for MALORG Consulting was to support the commissioning of the SILS Center (Supply In Line Sequence) Opel Eisenach by Panopa GmbH & Co. KG, today Imperial Logistics International.
Simulation-based material flow planning and optimization of production control
27. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 56 second
Planning diversity for assembly supply
- Support for various sub-projects within the scope of the commissioning of the SILS Center
- Planning tasks for the realization of the line supply for assembly
- Analysis of the parts spectrum and classification of the parts according to KANBAN and JIT sequencing
- Conceptual planning of the line supply and implementation in clocked assembly supply
Key figures of the SILS Center Opel at the Eisenach site
- Warehouse area: 16,300 sqm
- Operation: 3 shifts
- Sequencing: 21 modules
- Picking: 36.000 parts p.d.
- Conveyor supply: 2000 racks p.d.
- Vehicle assembly: approx. 750 vehicles p.d.
Concept and organization
- Support in early planning phases
- Optimization of warehouse layout
- Dimensioning of storage technology and means of transport to be used in the SILS Center
Process planning and personnel management
- smooth commissioning requires extensive process planning and training
- detailed personnel requirements planning
- implementation of training courses
- continuous improvement of order processing to optimize productivity