ILME GmbH produces connector components for industry, mechanical engineering and event technology. Since 2004, MALORG Consulting has accompanied a continuous improvement process (CIP), which the company has integrated into its business processes. Every two years, a logistics report provides information on the quality, effectiveness and efficiency indicators determined for the past fiscal year. Further optimization potential is derived from these figures and recommended for implementation.
Logistics scan and recommendation for action for internal process optimization for Ilme
31. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 51 second
Logistics scan: Internal processes put to the test
- Analysis of the current state of internal logistics, including inventory control and warehouse management system
- Derivation of optimization measures
- Logistics scan: Disposition, customer order processing, warehouse management, storage, picking, packing and shipping on. Error prevention (quality), reduced use of resources (effectiveness), short throughput and response times (efficiency) as well as transparent information flow
Good quality with potential for optimization
- Weak point: staff utilization with performance fluctuations of up to 20%.
- Optimization of inventory management
- Analysis of ABC classification and its impact on disposition
- WMS connection of major customers in the area of order processing
- Continuous controlling of backlogs, availability, range of coverage
- small-quantity picking: integration of flow racks with attached pallet buffer warehouse