Fresenius Kabi is Europe’s leading company in the field of nutrition and infusion therapy. Fresenius Kabi’s fields of activity are infusion therapy, parenteral and enteral nutrition, and ambulatory care. The company is a subsidiary of Fresenius AG and employs about 10,000 people in more than 30 countries. Since 1997, Fresenius has been operating Europe’s most modern factory for standard infusion solutions at its site in Friedberg/Hesse. MALORG Consulting developed a new, future-proof overall concept for automatic picking.
Concept development of a modular, scalable, automatic picking system for Fresenius Kabi
31. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 53 second
- Necessity of a new overall concept for automatic picking
- Derivation of the general conditions and parameters for concept development
- Determination of all reasonable and possible process chain variants for the picking system to be designed using a picking system variant tree based on VDI3590
- Development of technical solutions for individual processes
- Evaluation of the concepts according to costs, flexibility, realization risk, expandability/modularity, etc. with subsequent prioritization of the concepts
- Result of prioritization: two equivalent concepts from benefit and cost value.
- Concepts verified and detailed
- Presentation and handover of the concepts incl. layouts, dimensioning and relevant result key figures