The Chinese market represents great potential for industrial companies. For this reason, the BMW Group is also setting up local production for vehicles. The BMW Group started production at the Shenyang site. This production is carried out by a joint venture between BMW and a Chinese partner. Employees of MALORG Consulting and Fraunhofer IML planned the CKD supply processes up to the plant delivery in Shenyang together with the BMW managers.
Supply process planning assembly plant for BMW Shenyang
31. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 49 second
Planning of the site processes
- Creation of processes and integration of the logistics service provider based on the existing supply center
- Determination of supply quantity structure
- Differentiation between CKD set order (LOT) and bulk supply (single part supply)
An optimal cost-benefit ratio in view
- Creation of an economic, efficient processing of goods receipt, warehousing, packaging and shipping.
- Goal: Ensuring an optimal cost-benefit ratio
Factory delivery via container depot
- Determination of processes, transport units and time restrictions for the transport from DE to Shenyang
- Analysis of control processes, information flow, tracking & tracing and escalation measures
- Planning of container transport via sea route
- Factory delivery via container depot with shuttle transport