STEINHAUS GMBH offers sausage and ham specialties, is the market leader in fresh delicatessen convenience and has developed from a butcher’s shop into a brand whose products are distributed across borders. The company planned to expand its existing logistics capacities at the Remscheid production site. MALORG Consulting was commissioned with the concept and detailed planning of a new temperature-controlled warehouse for semi-finished products including packaging.
Planning of a warehouse for semi-finished goods with integrated on-demand packaging
27. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 54 second
Increase handling capacities
- Increase in handling capacities through new construction of a semi-finished goods warehouse.
- Layout of the extensions and organization of material flows: keeping up with dynamic and difficult-to-calculate sales developments of convenience products at the point-of-sale
- 5-aisle miniload warehouse with approx. 60,300 E2 slats with double-deep storage
- Production volume: 700 tons/week
Benefit comparison: Buffer capacities
- Variant 1: Conveyor system supply of the packaging / packaging lines via FT carousels with inclined and rocker conveyors.
- Variant 2: Concentration on direct supply via conveyor technology (FT), aiming at linking the storage of merchandise and sauces via vertical conveyors in the basement
- Advantages: high buffer capacities in discharge sections in front of packaging systems
- Goal: high availability with minimum noise emission and only a few wearing parts