SCHNELLECKE LOGISTICS is a logistics service provider for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, which produces the T5 and its derivatives as well as the painted bodies for the Porsche Panamera and the Amorak pick-up at the Hanover site. For the handling of small load carriers (KLT) and individual cardboard boxes, it was decided to set up an automated small parts warehouse (AKL). MALORG Consulting accompanied this process from the tender evaluation to the acceptance.
Planning and realization of assembly supply logistics
27. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 52 second
- automated process as optimal solution for small parts
- Support in the planning and construction of an AS/RS, the evaluation of offers, the selection of suppliers and the realization up to the commissioning and the acceptances of the plant
Concept and detailed planning
- Redesign of the entire AKL
- Evaluation of the incoming offers during the tendering process
- Accompaniment of the preparation of the functional specifications after the award of the tender
Sequence order as a challenge
- Focus of planning and implementation: automated loading of the transport or route racks.
- Challenge: sequenced supply of components in the assembly department
- maximum supply reliability for assembly
- Reduction of material handling processes to increase added value