Combined innovative strength and increased competitiveness: To strengthen the coupling business, SIEMENS made the decision to integrate the Vreden site into the Mussum site. The project to establish a lead factory for couplings meant immense intralogistic challenges at the joint site. Siemens was supported by MALORG Consulting in planning the solutions and implementing the necessary measures.
New lead factory for couplings in Mussum
27. May 2022, Reading time: 2 min 4 second
Task: larger and more modern
- Main focus: Renewal of entire intralogistics at the site, production planning, optimal production flow.
- Re-arrangement of the warehouse
- Objectives: Increase in warehouse capacity with the same space requirement, increase in storage and retrieval performance, short response times, higher material availability.
- Introduction of SAP EWM ensures transparent, paperless material flow in the future
Five phases to realization
- Process and material flow analyses
- Definition of future requirements
- Creation of concept variants in planning phase
- Evaluation and selection of technology and layout
- Bid evaluation and award of contract
- Realization phase: Preparation of technical and IT specifications, finalization of detailed layout, development of transition concept
Accompaniment until stable operation
- 5-aisle high-bay warehouse with 9,500 storage spaces for Euro and special pallets.
- 200 storage and retrieval operations per hour
- direct connection to incoming goods and production
- support until stable operation
“MALORG Consulting succeeded in translating our visions into facts and a resilient concept and leading them to realization. Thus, we are excellently positioned for the future in terms of logistics at the Mussum site.”