Henkel Wasch- und Reinigungsmittel GmbH plans to consolidate its warehouse locations in Germany and to expand the existing warehouse capacities at the Düsseldorf production site. As part of the outsourcing tender for a new distribution warehouse, MALORG Consulting was commissioned by the logistics service provider DB Schenker with the concept planning. After elaboration of various solution alternatives, a result concept was presented.
Distribution warehouse concept for DB Schenker at Henkel
31. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 52 second
Process planning and optimization
- Creation of a target process based on the stated requirements
- Review of the material and information flow from goods receipt to warehouse receipt, picking, replenishment, goods issue and returns
- 2 alternatives for picking: manual warehouse vs. automatic warehouse
- Warehouse dimensioning, layout design
- Creation of planning basis based on analysis of existing order and inventory structures
- Creation of solution variants taking into account special requirements for storage of chemical products and hazardous materials
68,320 parking spaces, six RGB
- Result: automated pallet high-bay warehouse for storing volume goods on Euro and industrial pallets.
- 68,320 storage locations in the pallet high-bay warehouse
- 6 stacker cranes for storage and retrieval
- Calculation of investment costs
- Calculation of operating costs for the preparation of the outsourcing offer