THYSSENKRUPP STEEL AG (KGS) is one of the world’s leading steel producers. The global competitive environment requires a consistent focus on profitability in order to secure the long-term success of the company. Supply chain management is an important element in this. Together with MALORG Consulting, an integrated supply chain management strategy was developed as part of a study to counter international pressure.
Integrated supply chain management strategy
27. May 2022, Reading time: 1 min 47 second
- Joint development of a survey questionnaire for the analysis of the existing supply chain management
- Interviews with employees at selected process interfaces
- Investigation of product structure, customers and design of customer and supplier relationships
- Survey of the distribution of common controlling instruments in supply chain management
Evaluation for SCM strategy
- resentation of a results package following evaluation of the data collected:
- Development of an overarching segment-wide SCM strategy.
- Planning of the identified savings potential through inventory reductions on the basis of the master plan
- Identification and prioritization of necessary measures
- Definition of a rough draft for segment-wide reporting