Network planning and strategic location planning
Our network planning begins with the determination and visualization of your company’s potential and location structure
At a glance
- Logistics location and network planning
- Strategic location analysis & simulations
- Strategic choice of location
- Planning of logistics & production
- Increase in the quality of results
- Suggested solutions to increase efficiency
- Implementation of new logistics and production facilities
- Implementation competence
- General contractor construction planning and building implementation
- Introduction of Industry 4.0 innovations
The market environment of industry and logistics is very dynamic. Well-founded concepts that enable your company to act flexibly and to set the strategic course for the future are even more important. Together with you, we question your company’s current network strategy and develop potential that was previously hidden from you. The software-supported optimization of your network structures also offers the possibility of visualizing potential in supply chain and guarantees you cost transparency. Each of our steps serves to validate possible changes. This enables you to make sustainable and efficient location decisions. The focus is on a permanent cost reduction for your company and the transfer of historically grown structures into a future-proof, strategically oriented logistics network.Determining an optimal network structure – which is central to a successful network planning – you also need to determine the number and location of your operating locations. In addition, the assignment of articles at individual locations can be viewed and evaluated. The potential of your transport network is shown by recording current costs, routes and utilizations. With the help of the software tools used, we support you in the visualization, planning and optimization of your transport concept.For us, network planning does not just mean providing you with figures and graphics. Rather, the analysis of the current structure of your supply chain serves as the basis for our advice. We draw the right conclusions for your company based on the results and in the further course of network planning we work out optimization approaches and recommendations for action for your company’s location structure and evaluate them.For this strategic choice of location and logistics planning, we bring the specialist knowledge, detailed market knowledge and years of project experience with us to analyse these tasks with you and to objectively justify decisions for you. The best tools do not deliver any added value as long as their results are not interpreted by experienced and competent staff. Step by step we develop your individual location and logistics strategy and prepare the results for you so that the network planning is always transparent for you. Of course, we also accompany you through to implementation. Determine optimal network structures – using special software, together with experienced consultants. MALORG Consulting looks at your entire logistics network and its components together with you. What questions are you dealing with? Contact us to talk about what network planning and strategic location selection can look like specifically for your company.
The procedure: step by step and constantly understandable for you
After all the necessary data has been recorded, it can be managed using software. Real data, such as consignments and volume flows, transport costs with associated tariffs, storage and logistics costs are initially taken into account. They can be used to map the current situation in a realistic model.Comprehensive analysis, subsequently carried out describes the existing logistics structures. It defines a baseline scenario and possible, concrete scenarios of network change and network optimization are derived. In this process, any weak points can also be discovered and potential bottlenecks in the flow of goods and transport structures identified. Transparency is also the criterion in this processing phase: whether the location of warehouse locations, shipment structures, seasonal fluctuations or inventory levels – network planning reveals these factors.The data obtained thus form the starting point for all further optimizations in your logistics network and at the same time serve as a reference for the objective, economic consideration of models of possible future scenarios. Let us now take a look at those.
- central vs. decentralised warehouse structures,
- local / domestic sourcing vs. global sourcing,
- the optimized number and location of warehouse locations in an idealized network and
- the optimal route planning taking into account the distances covered and travel times as well as the costs incurred.
Clear and meaningful preparation of results
- different service level agreements with individual customers or
- an exclusion of defined regions, countries or even continents as potential supply points in the network.
Contact us now or continue for further information about the strategic choice of location.
Transparent and objective choice of location, detailed layout planning
- What challenges will your logistics have to master in the future?
- How do you implement logistics and production processes as well as the resulting requirements in the new logistics property in the future?
- Which logistics systems ensure efficient processes, make your customers happy and withstand economic considerations?
- Which degree of automation of the warehouse is suitable for your processes?
Coordinated service portfolio
1. Strategic location analysis & simulation:
2. Strategic choice of location:
3. Planning of logistics & production:
A complete service package from your team of experts
Make the optimal choice of location strategically and together with us: Find the right logistics location with the right logistics property for your company and rely on future-oriented logistics concepts and systems. Analysis, planning and implementation – the experts at MALORG Consulting and our cooperation partner Colliers International will put together a complete and individual service package for all questions relating to location, real estate and logistics.
Colliers International is a leading global real estate service provider for investors, users, tenants and project developers with locations at the most important logistics hubs and covers the purchase and sale as well as the leasing and rental of real estate of all types of use. MALORG Consulting supports companies regardless of the sector in optimising, expanding and redesigning their logistical and strategic orientation. In our service portfolio we combine logistics consulting and logistics planning from potential analysis to the implementation and stabilisation of new structures, processes and technical systems as well as new logistics locations.